[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

LA ABT Cliffnotes

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 16 June 2009, at 1:23 a.m.

1. I played for shit all weekend. No lie, don't be fooled by the results. I could have flipped a coin on cube decisions and come out better on the ER scale then what actually happened. Ray deserved to win as I made some uberdonk plays in that match as well.

2. All hail clocks. It was nice to have every match clocked. It was also nice Patrick allowed the finals to not be clocked. I asked him since it was myself and Ray and at this point there would be a crowd of watchers if everyone involved might not get more enjoyment from it not being clocked. This would make the atmosphere more relaxed, Ray able to give his schtick when he felt like it, without time constraints. Neither of us was needed for another event so Patrick agreed and we played the finals sans clocks. There are many other things to be said but we'll leave that for another thread.

3. I did not attend the calcutta but received a call from Neil telling me I might want to buy back. The teams went for ridiculously low amounts compared to your 'standard' calcutta sales. I blame the economy not knowing who did/did not show for the auction.

4. It seems more and more matches are being recorded, either by video camera or ppl like myself, Rob Maier, etc...who, when knowing they have nothing better to do for a while, would rather assure themselves to a front row seat of a good match and do some transcription than wander around aimlessly from match to match or try to scuffle up a chou. The next step that many have suggested before and I brought up to the MFIC was to stream the finals online live for others around the world to watch.

5. We had a very informal dinner/meeting about progressing backgammon, creating some other time of association to co-exist with the ABT, keep track of ELO locally and nationally, etc. Few ideas tossed about such as raising money, master points, and what looney mother fucker(s) would try to undertake such an ordeal given the amount of work it actually is. More thought needs to be given to this ...

I had more to say but exhausted from the weekend and woke up ~5pm.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.