[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Monte Carlo -- Off Topic -- Amazing (at least to me)

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 23 June 2009, at 7:50 p.m.

Amazing at times when you catch up with people from your past.

In 2000 I went to a high school class reunion and spent quite a bit of time talking to a girl from my class -- in high school she was extremely smart, gorgeous, head cheerleader, homecoming queen, most beautiful, you name it.

Well, it seems she eventually married an older British guy and she told me she lived in a 'castle' near Aberdeen -- apparently doing quite well, but we didn't get into details. I told her I'd been there a couple of years before. She said if I ever went back to look her up and they'd have us out for dinner -- she gave me her card.

Well, as fate would have it, my son is now living/working in Aberdeen. We visited him in March but, alas, I couldn't find the card. The other day I stumbled upon her e-mail address -- sent her an e-mail saying hello, the son lived there, we were there in March, etc.

She replied and we've exchanged a couple of e-mails this week. She told me a lot more and I put a few things together. She was telling me of her wedding back in the 80's in Vienna to this guy who is like twenty years older than her and has four sons (probably approaching her age) -- her and her husband never had children of their own. Seems they sold the 'estate' in Scotland a couple of years ago for a golf course/resort luxury development -- (apparently the purchaser was some guy named Trump).

Now she lives in Monaco (the Monte Carlo tie), has a 'villa' in Villefranche (on the French coast just west of Monaco), has another 'house' in Florida, and they are looking for a 'place' outside of Florence.

She was a great person in high school and apparently has been fortunate enough to live the dream life. When I saw her in 2000 and again this week in these exchanges she seems the same grounded, nice, sweet person she was years ago in high school. But how life varies -- who would have thought a little girl from a small Texas town would end up living her life?

Maybe if I decide to go back to Monte Carlo next year for the World Championships I can wrangle a place to stay .. or, at least, a dinner invitation.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.