[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Buy Commercial Time -- Just My Opinion

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 29 June 2009, at 5:15 p.m.

ExtremeGammon -- if it's a good product, fine; it'll become known, it'll catch on; I have nothing against it, I'm not promoting it, I'm not running it down

But I'm really getting tired of the endless biased promotion -- often negatively at the expense of GNU and Snowie -- for individual financial gain. If the taste gets sour enough perhaps the efforts even become counterproductive.

Sure, I think the forum is an excellent venue for objective discussions of backgammon products, personalities, and news in addition to the analysis and discourse of various positions that we all enjoy, and learn from. But, as we all know, there is considerable difference (though the line becomes increasingly blurred) between news reporting, commentary, and promotion.

But I think the line should be drawn there -- objective opinion and discussion. I can turn off the commercials on my tv and radio, and to some extent on-line I can mitigate the commercial, but I can't here and it's getting really old.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.