[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Looking forward to the upcoming (long) weekend

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 29 June 2009, at 5:22 p.m.

As if the typical Michigan Summer Championships wasn't great enough, I've noticed some things which are going to make this year even better:

1) Marty Storer will be there. (I haven't seen Marty in at least five years. Maybe his kids are getting old enough that he can think about playing Ty's again. Maybe he's bringing them... to play in the tournament...)

2) Extreme-Gammon is now on the radar screen, thanks in part to Phil's (usually annoying :) persistence, and Stick's first-look report.

3) (At least) Three hot topics are going to be discussed informally: A) a (general) US BG organization, B) how to get more people into the game, and C) the prospects of a national ratings list.

4) The weather is going to be nice. (Highs in the upper 70's =~ 26 C.) Not that we will be spending a lot of time outside.

CJC told me on June 12 (yes, 17 days ago) that there were already 80 signed up to play Open. The Masters (field of 32) was filled at least a week before that. Could the tournament attendance record be in jeopardy?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.