[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Misquote about the XG NN

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 1 July 2009, at 6:00 a.m.

I received an email from Xavier correcting something I had read/heard/or assumed myself. A bit of history:

eXtreme Gammon came to life in 2003.

In 2000 we had Snowie bots on our online backgammon site: GammonSite.com . But in 2001 Snowie told us they would charge us to continue having this feature. We researched and found a solution to replace these online opponents. I modified GnuBG 0.02 so it could handle match play to accommodate GammonSite.

After a few months of working on the modifications, I started gaining an understanding of how to program a Neural network. At this time, we decided to start working on a stand–alone version of eXtreme Gammon.

We started from scratch, as I prefer to use Pascal. Around the beginning of 2004, the GnuBG 0.02 based bots in GammonSite were replaced by eXtreme Gammon. Since then, we worked on the interface. The Neural network went though a few rounds of training and features have been added, etc...

In short XG's NN is not based on GNU's original or however I had previously worded it.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.