[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nice going guys

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Monday, 6 July 2009, at 11:10 p.m.

Though I am quite sure that someone has posted congratulations before me I would like to take an extra minute to give credit where credit is due.

Five players had exceptional records in Michigan, and it wasn't the "usual suspects".

Ed Bennett, Bill Riles, Dean Adamian, Adam Bennett, and Brent Cohen.

I have trained myself to be a better sport down through the years but still I gently tossed my dice cup, (as Kobe would loft a 3 pointer), in a particularly disgusting match I had with Kit Woolsey. Afterwards, someone retrieved my cup and only a couple people laughed... I was a little embarrassed to continue to try and extract the last four tenths of one percent I am sure I must have had left, so I just shook Kit's hand and admitted defeat.

However, I am quite sure that the five players I mentioned previously will... collectively... still have to throw their dice cup one more time to catch up with me "On my best behavior".

I find it particularly heartwarming that two of these guys, (Bill and Brent), have historically seemed to have hard luck... and mostly maintained a positive outlook through it all. They both have done more losing than I have done winning and remain stalwart members of the backgammon community. Bill records matches for free. Brent brings Brenda and Roulette to every event and that is just nice.

The Bennetts may never have uttered a four letter word in their lives and are just two of my favorite backgammon addicts.

Dean Adamian has always been a class act and arguably the best player of the bunch. He proved that by pounding many players throughout the gruelling weekend in this powerful field. He was the only player to defeat Ed all weekend, but Ed paid him back. I didn't have to see the end of the match to know that Dean didn't even "wind up" to toss his dice cup.

Man what a classy group of winners. Brent got a little help from Neil in the doubles, but he had Bill down near the end of a long tough match and yet I did NOT hear any complaining.

Along with CJC, John Carrico and Sam Pottle... The whole event was a cut above, and I am proud to know, and extremely proud OF... all of the fortunate winners.

Bill not only won the Masters but he got to the Consolation final too, only losing to the exceptionally hot, (and suddenly very strong), Adam Bennett.

So, I would like to once again offer congratulations to this exceptional group of people who only coincidentally like to play backgammon.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.