[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A Study From Mike Corbett's Book

Posted By: phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 9 July 2009, at 11:24 a.m.

Mike suggested that I take positions from his book (Backgammon Positions) that Snowie got wrong initially and see how Extremegammon does with them initially and after a rollout. These are all positions that Snowie 3-ply got wrong, and the right play, according to Mike, was found after a rollout.

I wanted to let people know BEFORE the results are in that we are doing this, but anyone of you with Extremegammon can do the same thing if you have Mike's book. If you don't have the book, I recommend it, and if you don't have Extremegammon, of course I recommend that as well.

So far I have only checked 6 of the 10 positions that Mike recommended I use from his book, and Extreme XG rollout (which is a mini rollout that takes 3 seconds or less and is what is recommended for the initial evaluation) got everyone one correct. I have not done the rollouts yet.

If anyone would like to do this for themselves, the positions are on the following pages in Mike's book: 1, 2, 15, 23, 61, 68, 70, 83, 87, 133.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.