[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Skills,The Fifth Element of a Giant

Posted By: Gustavo Goldfarb
Date: Thursday, 16 July 2009, at 9:41 p.m.

1rst Element- {EARTH}:The Commitement to Ourselves and to Backgammon is represented by The Earth "maybe the most Noble of the five Elements".

2nd Element- {AIR}:The money wich allows you to travel, to register at the most prestigious Tournaments around The world and to live,(acomodation & Food)- The $$$$ is nothing else but the Air who can Keep the fire alive.

3rd Element- {FIRE}: What else Could be the Fire but The Passion for Backgammon.You must feel the Passion Shouting and Screaming all the way from the deepest Corners or your Soul.

4rth Element- {WATER}: It took me a while to figure out what Gift could be repesented by the Water I first Tought of the Faith ,The Faith that we need to believe That we just Simply Can do it but later I though of the Balance , The Balance That It's required in moments of Maximun Pressure when It is so necessarie for Taking a complex decision as a move ,a take or a Pass.But I will Leave the Balance to the end.The Water is the Faith,The faith that whispers you paced and slowly in your Ear "Go... you can be the one Holding that Trophy and Carrying the Glory.. Why not?!"

5th Element : My Friends even when each Element is Required I left the Fifth Element for The "Skills" wich I consider as not as a Vital Virtue or most Inportant Element just because the skills have a great oppositition by the Luck(The dice),If your luck is good enough you won't need the skills of a Genius and if your Luck is Bad just one night your Skills can go to Hell and you won't miss them.Skills are very Important But if you don't have the Comitement to dedicate your life to Backgammon, The Money to Travel and pay Hotels,drinks, cigarrettes, and a warm massage in your Back after every crucial Match where your life is pending on a Clock,The Passion day after day,year after year that make you inprove as a backgammon player and The Faith to realize that you can Be the Winner This time and you can't miss The chance to shout .. YEHAAA I DID IT!!! game after game,Match after Match,time after time I DID IT EVEN AGAISNT ALL ODDS! So I end up asking my self maybe is this why GIANTS ARE SO FEW?

written By Gustavo Goldfarb and dedicated with admiration to Those Backgammon Giants and Future players Generations with passion for this Game .I hope one day to See my name Incripted in a real and live Tournament as we all who love this game deserves to be. Hasta la vista and Thank you for reading this post.

Autho's note.... I must clarify that this has been written after watching the movie "Angels & Demonds".

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.