[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Banning Coolrey

Posted By: adambulldog
Date: Sunday, 19 July 2009, at 5:23 a.m.

I was kidding with my dad the other day and suggesting that we in Madison ban Ray from our Madison tournament since he's ahead of both of my dad and me on the ABT and we would like to beat him.

And then we were chatting about our schedules for the rest of this year. We were talking about going to some more events than usual, since each of us finds himself in the rare position of maybe getting close to finishing near the top of the tour. And we were talking about going to Florida and Maryland, and I suggested that our equity at those tournies would be relatively higher this year because Stick is in Europe and Ray is banned at those events. And my dad asked why Ray was banned at those events. I didn't really know the answer, except to say I thought the reason was some kind of silly conflict with the the director.

And then I thought that I don't really want to compete in either of those events if the top player on the American tour is not allowed to play. Why would I want to try to beat Ray in a footrace if his legs are tied together?

I can't imagine a worse move as a TD than banning Ray. I've only met Elaine once or twice, and she seems really nice, and I would like to go to her tournaments, but really, if the top player on the ABT is not allowed, I don't think I want to play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.