[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Monte Carlo Finals Commentary

Posted By: Perry Gartner
Date: Monday, 20 July 2009, at 9:30 p.m.

I have attended more than 25 of these. Paul Magriel did a magnificent job for many years by making the matches interesting and exciting, along with eye opening insights into position. The audience always loved him.

This year enter Falafel and Neil. Beforehand I thought that these 2 guys would be too differential to each other and what would come out would be kind of flat. I was dead wrong!

Falafel was his uninhibited self. He was excited about the match and gave us his personality and OTB perspective. He didn't hestitate to criticize plays with words like 'Oh NO!'. For those interested in undertanding, there were numerous explanations as to why or why not. Falafel welcomed Neil's opinions and Neil didn't hesitate to agree or disagree with Falafel without neccessarily confering with GNU but he was a whizz in using GNU quickly and often gave us his world class rationale behind the GNU results.

My impression of what the audience thought: Fabulous show for both entertainment value and as a fun learing experience.

I hope they return next year.

Perry

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.