[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Videotape or manually record the matches?

Posted By: Klaus Evers
Date: Friday, 24 July 2009, at 9:40 a.m.

What are the pros and cons for videotaping your matches versus manually recording every roll YOU play (you are writing down your own matches while you play)?

I see a bunch of japanese and danish players who manually record all their moves while they play, and I thought (almost never done that before): Hey, I can do this too!

Manual recording compared to videotaping: less time used to enter it later, less equipment necessary, cheaper, no one steals a pencil on a tournament, less weight to carry for travel.

So I tried it in Cannes to write down Bob's and other matches, and I can say it is a challenge when two seasoned players play quickly on clocks and YOU have never done that before. Needs a lot of concentration (for me).

But, after a few matches, I am sure I will pick it up quickly and make a habit of it. Routine will help a lot with recording the matches by hand.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.