[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Things at WSOB going very smoothly now

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Sunday, 26 July 2009, at 10:39 a.m.

I have to say that I am much happier here now with what I am seeing with the WSOB. After a delayed start, things are running and moving along smoothly. I also happily accepted a warm appology for the offhand comment that offended me a couple days ago.

As usual in most DE formats, the 2nd chance bracket is a bit delayed, but this is being helped by clocks (all matches CLOCKED). Side eevnts are running decently and a fun side event is called the blitz (speed gammon) 5 pt matches 12 sec delay and only 2 minute reserve time for the whole 5 pt match. There are run in brackets of 32. I was doing well in one, until was jokered out near the end of the last two games.

The staff is doing a good job...a player came 2:23 late and was forfeited..he appealed to the tourney committee and we all voted to uphold the forfeit. I was waiting to play the winner of a two players in the speed gammon and they were dicking around doing nothing and not playing. I alerted the staff and they quickly had them playing.

Note to players here in Europe.. if you want to play side events, be diligent and play when your opp is ready and show up to play on time. If you'd rather do something else, don't enter the side event at that time, please.

Speaking of doing something else, I can tell that I am too burned out and too tired to play any more here, so it is just the LC for me and to watch the WSOB final round(s).

WSOB's online platform was also demoed and appears to be working fine. The programmers are hopeful that players will soon be able to DL recorded games to study afterwards.

Best wishes for those still in the competition here and thx to the staff of WSOB here.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.