[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Extras in chouettes

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Thursday, 30 July 2009, at 3:43 a.m.

Does anyone play extras in chouettes in the following way? Instead of having the extra players join the box, set up a second board with the same position. The box plays solo on the original board, and the extra players collaboratively play on the second board. In effect, the position is rolled out twice instead of once.

This arrangement should surely be welcomed by the renegade, whose variance is lowered by having two rollouts. If the renegade's take is correct but the probability of winning is only (say) 30%, then by accepting extras under the traditional rules, the renegade will usually just lose more money instead of being vindicated. Under my new proposal, the chances of a correct take being vindicated are much better.

As for the extra players, they gain more control over the game. The box is no worse off than under the traditional rules. It's true that my new proposal is more complicated and time-consuming, but I would guess that it's no less fun.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.