[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

known dice mechanics at cannes tournament

Posted By: phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 30 July 2009, at 7:11 a.m.

In Response To: known dice mechanics at cannes tournament (ed olaughlin)

There is much that can be done if there are suspected dice mechanics including the use of baffle boxes, magnets to make sure loaded dice are not brought in, use of a neutral board.

I have watched a video tape on how to cheat using a cup and there are some techniques to watch for that will help you catch mechanics, but even then you cannot prove they were cheating and it is a very sticky thing to make an accusation.

Let's take a look at what international championship bridge had to do to prevent cheating and signaling...after years of the Italian team beating our Dallas Aces (Jacoby and friends) in the finals by cheating. The partners are completely separated and even in standard tournaments bids are made with cards instead of verbally.

I have a very simple solution. Put a pair of dice in a sealed glass or plastic tube, and when it's your turn to roll, you turn the tube upside down and the dice tumble to the bottom, hitting spokes or baffles along the way. Impossible to cheat. I made such an instrument but players rejected it because they simply don't like anything new.

Where there is big money and large stakes involved, there will be cheaters, and reasonable steps should be taken to prevent this kind of abuse. Even if there are only one or two cheaters per thousand, we all deserve to be put at ease all the time, and this can easily be achieved.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.