[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why don't people post things like this about American tournaments?

Posted By: playBunny
Date: Friday, 31 July 2009, at 3:07 a.m.

In Response To: Why don't people post things like this about American tournaments? (Bill Riles)

Bill: Why does this post seem to have the flavor/aroma of a set-up from the PC police?

Good question. I imagine that you have an assumption that you'll be judged. You don't know me well enough to know that I can ask a question out of curiousity and receive the answer with interest. You don't know me well enough to know that I might agree with you. It's easier to imagine that I might not, and indeed I might not. If I didn't I might say "That's interesting, I don't see that" but I guess I might say "You monster, how can you think that?" (lol, no). I guess you're generally afraid of the potential reactions, if not from me then from others. Is there an element of guilt? Who knows. You tell me, you're the one who perceives the "PC flavor". ;-)

Bill: "In certain regions and populations cheating (or, alternatively, getting away with anything you can -- in life, business, games, etc.) seems to be much more common"

I was just wondering. I tried to think of who your assertion could apply to and could only come up with sub-cultures and very localised regions, such as certain parts of London, where I live. I'm probably not as well travelled as you are hence the need to ask you who you meant.

Your "seems to be much more common" is synonymous with "there's a perception of commonness", which is why I used that word. My question was effectively "Which cultures seem to be this way?" or, in full, "In which cultures does cheating (or, alternatively, getting away with anything you can -- in life, business, games, etc.) seem to be much more common?", hence the following appears to be a retraction:

Bill: So, I'll answer the literal question; I have this 'perception' of no cultures.

No worries, Bill, I was only curious. ;-)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.