[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

known dice mechanics at cannes tournament

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Friday, 31 July 2009, at 2:49 p.m.

In Response To: known dice mechanics at cannes tournament (phil Simborg)

Let's take a look at what international championship bridge had to do to prevent cheating and signaling...after years of the Italian team beating our Dallas Aces (Jacoby and friends) in the finals by cheating.

I did play bridge back at the time you refer to and my recollection (probably as good as yours since you're older :) is that you have overstated this to the point of exaggeration.

The Italian team had a very strong basis of players. There was one pair (not among their consistent elite) who were caught cheating using their feet (tactile).

I recall possibly one of the top American players (and the questionable Alfred Sheinwold -- see Danny Kleinman's accusations of plagiarism against him) were insistent that the Italians cheated because "how could they beat us consistently without cheating?" No weak ego problem at the top level of bridge back then....

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.