[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Clock rules question

Posted By: KenB
Date: Sunday, 9 August 2009, at 1:49 a.m.

Playing a clocked match, I picked up the dice, doubled my opponent and hit the clock. My opponent thought about the cube and then dropped. While we were setting up the board and having both dice I rolled one to his side of the board. He asked me for a die and I pointed to the one in front of him. He said that he thought that was my roll. It seems to me that someone could try and gain some equity here. Toss a die out and if it is a 1 or 2 they say here is your die, if it is a 5 or 6 they hand you the other die and tell you to roll. In this case my opponent was a friend who is very honest however, not all backgammon tournaments are filled with such people.

Having gone through this, I believe that I will return dice on the other side of the board but I can see screwing up and rolling to the right side. Has anyone else gone through this?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.