[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Advertising on BGO?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 1 September 2009, at 7:27 a.m.

I've been approached a lot lately by random people/companies wanting to pay for ads or banners on the site. So far I've turned every one of them down because the money involved isn't life changing and for me personally I don't want to clusterfuck up the site with what for me is a simple design. I've always been a fan of google and it's lack of anything on the home page. However, I also like free money and as people keep asking I thought it might be nice to have a more succinct answer than "make me an offer, no clue how much traffic, don't really care because I'm going to say no anyway".

The question is for those who may have more experience or be more knowledgeable how much should something like this cost a company per month or per year? I get offers ranging from posting one link in a thread (yes, that's right, a link in a thread because of where it shows up on google) and requests for straight out banners, etc, the norm. So far they seem to all want to know how much traffic I get which I have never looked at even for their queries because I just don't give a shit if it's 5 or 5000. I know the bg community probably shows up here more than anywhere else as far as backgammon forums are concerned.

The question is, should the amount of traffic dictate what the advertising is worth (X visitors = Y in advertising costs for the company in question) or is it more of a question of 'where else are all these backgammon players going to come every day of their degenerate lives?'

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.