[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: OLM Monday Nov. 27th

Posted By: rew
Date: Monday, 27 November 2006, at 3:02 p.m.

In Response To: OLM Monday Nov. 27th (Stick)

This i really dont know the answer to. But i have read somewhere that if the gammon is somewhat close you should be greedy, while if it is very likely or very unlikely you should play safe. That makes sense because in the marginal situations a good or bad roll won't effect the outcome much, but this can very much be the case if it is a close call.

We have 15 crossovers, he has 11, we on roll. I think we are an underdog for sure to make the gammon(our crossovers are mostly long while 5 of his are short and he leads by 4 crossovers) but still i will put it in the somewhat close category and play aggressive.

But how to execute?

I try 6/3 1 off. It gives an immediate 66,55- hit sequence (2%) but in return the spares are nicely distributed and can be ripped off quickly.

The alternative plays, while immediately safe, produces a slower bearoff structure and will get awkward if we roll some threes.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.