[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Hmmmm a few questions

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Sunday, 27 September 2009, at 4:19 p.m.

In Response To: Hmmmm a few questions (neilkaz)

NeilKaz: "You mentioned that you can use XG to analyze this. How do I use XG to analyse the distribution on dice in matches I've played on SHG (I have lots saved)? I'd like it to analyse the distribution from a large sample of matched combined and not just one match.

Will XG take into account that we cannot roll doubles on the first roll (but this is minor)

If you import your game in XG and add them to your profile you can check the dice distribution by opening your profile and checking the dice tab.

It excludes the 1st roll from all statictics (including double in row: so if the last game ends with 2 double in a row and then next game has a double for your 2nd roll it counts as "3 double in a row")

Stats captured are: dice distribution (Total # of 1,2 etc), avg pip, double frequency (# of 11,22 etc), double in row, entering from the bar (at least one checker), race stats : avg pip, big doubles (44 or better), total double. It keep different stats for you and your opponents (grouped together)

it will calculate the Chi square of the distributions. and the detail page will show confidence interval.

Note that because SHG is not listed as a site, depending on how you imported your games the result may be merged with other site.

For dice analyze purpose you can reimport all of them analyzing in 1-ply and storing the result in a separate profile.

Xavier Dufaure de Citres

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.