[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Safe Harbor Games Dice

Posted By: W Womack
Date: Monday, 28 September 2009, at 1:58 a.m.

In Response To: Safe Harbor Games Dice (Jim Borror)

Jim,

Thinks for the response. If anyone would like to meet me in the test lobby to start a game to generate the file let me know.

The average match length was a little over 4 games and the average game length was 25.77 moves per side. The data combine rolls for both players. I took the last 118 matches I had recorded simply because they were all in same directory after the SHG save directory is changed.

I understand that if we were looking at the distribution within a match that we would need long matches for the dice distribution to approach the expected value. However, by pooling the data from all 118 matches it should not matter how long the matches are, we are still looking at whether these 25000 data points are like to be obtained from a population with a distribution of 16.6667% doubles, and the answer to that is still no. I also don't think where we are in the random number cycle or how many random number cycles are involved should matter over a large sample, we are really asking a question about the underlying distribution of the random number population.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.