[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An Open Letter to SHG Players

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Monday, 19 October 2009, at 10:08 a.m.

In Response To: An Open Letter to SHG Players (W Womack)

I have enough data from .32 and .33 (Releases of code after October 13th) to conclude there are problems. .28 which was tested between October 3rd and 13th looked good (Doubles/short sequences within norms), coming off the bar against an n-point board look correct.

I am working with Jim to provide my analysis and methodologies (at his request) to determine if there is a problem in .32 and .33(.33 is currently deployed). I am convinced there is an issue at this point but the problem isn't the same one we observed prior to October 3rd (The original code with doubles bein 9.2%). I sent Neil Kaz preliminary data on 52,189 rolls and asked for his opinion (I Already had one) where doubles were around 15.3%. Assuming no bug in my analysis/data, the chances of an extinction level event this week are greater than this data being random.

Unfortunately I took the weekend off (mostly) and didn't devote it to dice analysis and collection. Hopefully I will have the data Jim needs in his hands today (Monday).

I am not a statisticin by trade but I know enough to be dangerous.

I want what is best for SHG, fair and reasonably random dice are all I ask. If Jim went back to version .28 (for dice generation) I would be a happy camper.

I realize for Jim this is much harder. He has rooms (players and hosts) up in arms. Personally, I'd rather be damned for doing the right thing than damned for doing thwe wrong thing and someone finding out later.

Michael

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.