[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An Open Letter to SHG Players

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 19 October 2009, at 1:13 p.m.

In Response To: An Open Letter to SHG Players (W Womack)

I have been playing for 50 years and I do recall many times where doubles were rolled 4 times in a row. In fact, I remember rolling 6-6 myself 4 times in a row in a chouette which won me a gammon and was interested to find out that the odds were about 1.4 Million to 1!

I don't think I can remember 6 doubles in a row, but it might well have happened since I don't sit there and count doubles every time they occur, but I am sure I have seen 4 or 5 in a row many, many times in live games.

As for someone calling you names and accusing you of wrong-doing, welcome to backgammon! It is virtually impossible to take a stance on anything or voice your opinion about anything without someone disagreeing and calling you names or accusing you of something. On that subject, it used to be particularly bad on this forum, but thanks to Stick and others criticizing people who attack others personally for their opinions, I have seen a lot less of that in recent weeks. I have seen a lot of heated debate and disagreements without attacking the person or name-calling, and I find that highly commendable.

Now if you idiots would just agree with me more, I would be a lot happier.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.