[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An Open Letter to SHG Players

Posted By: W Womack
Date: Tuesday, 20 October 2009, at 4:37 a.m.

In Response To: An Open Letter to SHG Players (Timothy Chow)

Thanks for your comments. I think allowing players an option at the start of the match would lead to endless arguments. If you wanted to try to satisfy your base of less well informed users by keeping options for playing with manipulated dice I think the better option would be to provide rooms that are clearly identified as having manipulated dice ("Hackgammon" rooms)so players know upfront what they are entering and there is no debate at the time of the match. Of course competitive rooms and serious tournament rooms would be backgammon. MadHouse, given their players feedback would become a "Hackgammon" tournament. If you want a few laughs skim http://madhouseplayers.forumcab.com/viewtopic.php?t=279&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0/

I think my favorite there is: "How many doubles are thrown on average in a live game? Not how many can be thrown based on probability theory."

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.