[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants List - Candidates etc...(long)

Posted By: Chiva Tafazzoli
Date: Thursday, 19 November 2009, at 10:22 a.m.

In Response To: Giants List - Candidates etc...(long) (Stick)

Stick - spot on ! I couldnīt agree more with you..

My 2 cents here...

Itīs kind of easy to pick the first 5 of my list. In no specific order: Mochy, Falafelfish, Lylloff, Neil Kaz, Tardieu...

The next 5 are kind of easy too, based on a combination of tournament attendance, knowledge of the game and performance: Nack, Trabolt, Sticky Ricy, Gronbech, Michi...

The hardest part is the rest in the ranking. How to rank them? What does it take to be part of a Giants list? I pick my names, also based on how much of a complete player one is (tournaments, online, cash games). In any case, it is very difficult, even for me who has been staging and attending many tournaments and been involved so much in backgammon in the past decade, to find a specific order.

Americans tend to under-estimate non-Americans ("What do theese Europeans know? They donīt even have a ranking or a unified big Tour such as the ABT..." they might think)tend to under-estimate Americans ("Itīs just a bunch of seniors rolling dice..." they might think).

It would be good to have a demography of the voters to have a better understanding of the results. How many voters in total? How many are TDs? How many are players? Where do voters come from? How long have they been involved in backgammon? etc....

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.