[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants List - Candidates etc...(long)

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 19 November 2009, at 10:55 p.m.

In Response To: Giants List - Candidates etc...(long) (Matt Cohn-Geier)

I'm with you on this Matt...I don't know the Europeans that well, but I also don't think they know the Americans that well.

I don't have much disagreement with Stick's thoughts about the very best players, and it is hard to know when to drop people like Nack from the list for lack of play. But relative to the rest of the list, when you look at results, knowledge of the game, and just who we have the most respect for across the board, you certainly have to include: Steve Sax, Ray Fogerlund, Rich Munitz, Mike Corbett, John O'Hagan, Perry Gartner, Malcolm Davis, Jake Jacobs, Kit Woolsey, Ed O'Laughlin, Paul Weaver, and Dana Nazarian somewhere on the list. (Of course, Stick, Neil, and MCG were already named on Stick's list.)

I think we have to discount Magriel, Robertie, Wells, Ladov, Sconyers, KG and Senk for lack of play.

I have also added David Rockwell and Steve Brown to my list because of results and because of their demonstrated knowledge of the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.