[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: Wanted for a BG server, ratings?

Posted By: OpenWheel
Date: Friday, 18 May 2007, at 11:14 a.m.

In Response To: Wanted for a BG server, ratings? (Stick)

Hmm, the ideal bg server/site...

Low rakes. (not as crucial as the service itself though)

Don't steal peoples money like a certain site seems to.

Bot checks.

Ahh, the original question. Yeah, I've played sporadically for money and I prefer ratings. But I have no idea why. I think if I intended it to be a money maker I'd prefer no ratings. Most money players I've seen in the past prefered no ratings. The money part just focuses my attention to play a better game and I guess I like to see that in a rating. But then ratings dumping supposedly becomes a problem.

So my final vote, yes I still slightly prefer ratings but it's not a deal breaker.

Wild hair idea... I would like someday to see some sort of handicap system that gave some odds to the weaker player, (but not "true" odds, even a handicap system usually allows the favorite to retain an edge) based on the difference in ratings. Of course the odds system could be entirely voluntary and anyone could just play straight up if they choose. It seems easy to implement. Would be better for the house then the players though so I suppose not many others would ever like something like this. I think I like it because it would seem sort of cool... I have given odds to some local players when we play so I don't see why not have it online.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.