[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

24-23 split vs this structure

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Friday, 18 May 2007, at 3:07 p.m.

In Response To: Re: OLM Fri. May 17th -- New Match! 15 pter (Chase)

In general I have found that the 24-23 split vs this stack structure with many checkers ready to unload upon us from the 6,7.8 pt 3 prime is rarely a gainful idea. Stick blows us away with large doubles and will likely double hit with 41 and has material to back it up.

The gain from freezing the 8 pt is most ususally balanced by the risk of splitting under his stacks. Yes...24/21 is also risking attack, but the BIG difference between 24/21 and 24/23 in this structure is that we have clearly more to gain from 24/21 when not losing to the attack as we can anchor more easily or run.

Of minor concern is that 24/21 also dupes Stick's 2's and that we aren't really sure whether the checker on the 8pt is better placed on the 7 pt or 5 pt, but I prefer it on the 8 pt since we have two spares on the 6 pt and 8/7 gives us a nice ace.

Anyhow..to me 24/21 is clearly a superior split to 24/23 here.

... neilkaz ... as I am gone forever from GEoL..I'll give more detailed explanations here as time permits. ..I may log on here from Vegas if I borrow a friend's laptop (I am not bringing one to make certain that I cannot work from there as I really need some rest when not playing the occasional BG event there)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.