[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: Wanted for a BG server, ratings?

Posted By: scuba
Date: Friday, 18 May 2007, at 7:42 p.m.

In Response To: Wanted for a BG server, ratings? (Stick)

Hey guys. Stick I am over here now, instead of GoL, as another Screw You gesture to GE.

Anyway, about ratings on a money site. My impression is there is a LOT of ratings manipulation...people on GE with <1400 who are playing for $$$$. No begining would be so stupid as to play for that kind of money. So when I was playing on GE I actually would not play anyone rated LOWER than 1600.

In all honesty I did consider manipulating my own rating, by dumping some lower $ matches in preparation for a true intermediate fish to see my intermediate rating and be willing to play for $$. In further honesty, I actually did not carry through with this idea.

Anyway my bottom line vote would be to NOT have ratings. Perhaps a bigger question is whether to give experience #s for each player. GE did not have this when I was there. Another idea is to provide the DISTRIBUTION of $$ matches they've had...if it's bimodal, that's a red flag, assuming the ratings manipulation strategy suggested above.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.