[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

silent majority

Posted By: Alef Rosenbaum
Date: Saturday, 19 May 2007, at 3:01 p.m.

In Response To: OLM - voting, links, etc... (Stick)

...I won't have a silent majority as we did @ GoL...

I suppose it's a matter of who you'd like your audience to be. As a regular part of the 'silent majority' I'd like to give an argument in favour of anonymous voting if it's something you might consider at some stage.

The main point of Kit's OLM is to educate, so when the readers make errors that is a good thing -- we're learning! Obviously it's best when large numbers of people present their arguments for moves, such as in a chouette, but this does take confidence or at least a lack of inhibition. Being able to debate moves with ease alongside a giant such as Neil is not everyone's cup of tea.

Time is also a huge factor. As much as I love backgammon I also have a young family and a time-consuming career, today I have the luxury giving a few more minutes to post some comments but most days that's not possible. Do you want your OLM open to a larger community or just those with enough free time?

Anyway, makes no real difference to me, just thought I'd offer another point of view. Think I'm generally just feeling uneasy about Kit's situation but don't really know what else to add to the issues...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.