[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: Need Poker Help

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Sunday, 20 May 2007, at 3:43 a.m.

In Response To: Need Poker Help (Stanley E. Richards)

I was using Miller's "Small Stakes Hold 'Em" loose games pre flop advice. That tactic created a PokerTracker VP$IP of 33.78%. That seems way too loose. What is an advisable VP$IP range?

Around 15-25%. 12% is too tight. 30-35% is okay, depending on the game, but it's probably a little loose. I'm assuming you're playing at full tables here. If you're playing 6-handed it should go up. You likely want to use his tight game preflop advice online. His "loose" advice is for tables where you regularly get 6 players going to the flop. I'll have to look back at my Miller charts sometime and see what he advises. For me, the "tight" chart in SSHE was about right.

2.0 does seem a little high as an AF threshold, since 1.0-2.0 seems about "moderate" (as opposed to <1.0, which is way too passive). You want to be pretty aggressive, though, so an AF around 2 or higher is good.

You should also be aware that your stats aren't significant. 370 hands isn't nearly enough to determine anything accurately (except maybe pre-flop play). You want around 10k hands. Since that's what you have to go on, it's perfectly fine--just be aware that you're probably not going to be able to draw accurate conclusions about, say, your AF from 370 hands.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=micro&Number=923900 is a pretty good thread for micro limits.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.