[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2nd roll notes at GG

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 22 December 2009, at 5:38 a.m.

In Response To: 2nd roll notes at GG (David Rockwell)

I have to say "WOW" again. I do think that some of these that are close need to be rolled out further and also could use XG 4 ply RO's.

I'll do a couple for plays I have a hard time believing like this 62 response to 51S.

I'd also stress that it is good to stress deep RO's for the responses to obvious GS openings...ie almost no one is going to slot 51 and GS so it is less important to spend eons doing deep super strong RO's for that. ie...time is limited so I am more likely to study something that is much more common.

However, something like a 21 response to 51S at GG is where I really think slotting is clear. The look and attitude I got from my Persian opp in rd 2 or 3 of the LA Masters when I played 21$ after his 51S was worth the price of my flight to LA, as was the fact his attitude resulted in a really early cube soon and a loss to a backgame.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.