[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation comment

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Tuesday, 22 December 2009, at 6:22 p.m.

In Response To: 2nd roll notes at GG (Nack Ballard)

I think that using numerals as Nactation symbols was a good idea and I use them frequently. But, when I have an adequate alternative, I use the alternative. With the combination of numerals and letters (or another symbol which isn't a numeral) my eye easily sorts roll from move. When I see something like 335, I have to pause and think that 33 is the roll and 5 is the move. This minor issue is compounded when I prepare my Nacbrac where I will show a similar combination of symbols with a different meaning. For example, if my move "5" is inferior by .0328, my Nacbrac will show it as 533.

I don't really view this is a problem. It just slows me down a little. It is still miles ahead of the old style notation. I would just prefer 33o for the move and a Nacbrac entry of o33 when it is a viable choice. It is probably eaiser to learn "5" and that's a good reason to teach it that way.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.