[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: Need Poker Help

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 20 May 2007, at 8:33 p.m.

In Response To: Need Poker Help (Stanley E. Richards)

You've found my weakness. I had a hard time even remembering what all those 'acronyms' meant. This is not how I play nor have ever played poker. I am of little help giving you the % or thresholds you 'should' be playing.

To answer your question though. Tight is right, tighter is righter! Especially when learning how to play you want to play only the best hands preflop. Once you get the flow of how things progress, you see hand after hand after hand, you can start widening your starting hand requirements. I am a fairly tight/aggressive player. I try to wait for cards, I don't get mixed up in a lot of pots because I'm on the button with 79 off and raise. Occassionally, yes, when I know the bb will fold a decent amount of the time. For me though, I wait on the cards (that's my secret!). You'd be surprised how much you can make simply waiting on the cards and knowing how to play them when you get them.

In small stakes games aggression is way over rated. You can't get anyone to fold in these games so wait til you have a hand and bet it. Microstakes might as well change its name to No Fold 'em Hold 'em. Everyone chases everything, I'd rather go into the hand with a strong hand. Once you get more acquianted with the game, you'll be playing all the suited connectors and such for cheap preflop and be getting paid off postflop, or chasing correctly according to how much is in the pot (+ other factors) and making money from the fish who just chase chase chase.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.