[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Naccel 2 -- post #2

Posted By: Lucky Jim
Date: Saturday, 9 January 2010, at 10:19 a.m.

In Response To: Naccel 2 -- post #2 (Nack Ballard)

Hi Nack

Thank you very much for your reply to my original posting. I was going to learn Naccel 1 but now that I know there is the new improved Naccel 2 I am going to switch allegiances.

Just for my own purposes I would slightly adapt your skating analogy. Doing a pip count the traditional way but with pen and paper (and maybe calculator) is analogous to walking, takes a little while but doesn’t require too much effort. Clearly in backgammon tournaments “walking” is forbidden. Doing a traditional pip count in your head, is for me at least, analogous to running – very hard work – and of course the longer the backgammon race the harder the run. I can only run the very shortest of distances. I have never learnt to skate before but I am happy to put in all the efforts to learn and encounter the bumps and falls because once I have mastered it I am hoping that every count is going to be a breeze.

Just to be clear would it be fair to say that once you have mastered Naccel 2 within say less than a minute over the board it should be possible to know if you are ahead or behind, know the actual difference in the pip count between you and your opponent and in non-contact racing positions be able to tell if you should double or take a double?

At some stage in your Naccel 2 postings would you mind setting a short series of positions perhaps in increasing order of difficulty for us to try and work out on our own and then in a subsequent posting show us how you would approach each position and what the actual Naccel 2 count is?

I am really keen to learn Naccel 2 so do hope that you can provide some further postings on this.

Best regards

Jim

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.