[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another NY Tourney Hitch/Ruling

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Sunday, 10 January 2010, at 5:07 p.m.

In Response To: Another NY Tourney Hitch/Ruling (neilkaz)

Doubtlessly, many such circumstances such as this are simply errors in reading the dice, simple errors in placement, etc. and are unintended and innocent -- I know I am disrupted at times by distraction, by lack of constrast in checker and pip colors, and by boards with very wide middle bars.

However, unfortunately, there are some assholes out there who are more than willing to take advantage of any opportunity presented to them. Thus, we will occasionally get into situations such as these regardless of the thoroughness of any rules, the existence of any common sense, or the fact that it is supposed to be a gentleman's game with civility and honesty prevailing.

Playing with a single set of dice, with or without a clock, eliminates many of these opportunities for the immoral/unethical and, in my opinion, should become the universal norm.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.