[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NY Ruling Dispute

Posted By: garyo
Date: Monday, 11 January 2010, at 4:26 a.m.

In Response To: NY Ruling Dispute (Stick)

it depends on the people involved and what their habits are. the 65 plsyer has made a legal play and moved his dice, without indicating that he was not through with his turn --- this could be entrapment and if previous indiscretions have happened, then his turn is over and the 44 stands. --- if this is not the case, the 44 player should be looked at --- is he normally a "fast roller"? if this is so, then maybe the other player has a case. if none of the cases can be determined, i'd be tempted to cancel the 44 allow 65 to be played in whatever manner blue wishes and allow the game to continue. i could also be coerced into issuing blue a penalty point (if he rolls off the gammon) for creating the problem by not warning his opponent that he was not yet finished. in general, in the non contact positions, i an much more sympathetic to the white player and am suspicious of blue's movivations (since there is so little equity involved in whichever play he selects).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.