[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NY ABT Prize concerns

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Monday, 11 January 2010, at 6:49 p.m.

In Response To: NY ABT Partial Results (Rich Munitz)

I post this not bcuz I like to see things done my way, but bcuz my concerns are to have prize distributions appeal to the most players.

Most 64 player ABT events pay 7 places. 4 in main, 2 conso, 1 LC and I certainly think that is appropriate. Personally, I think that paying 1/8 of the players is ideal, but that cannot always be done in some formats.

So in a 64 player event, I don't really mind if 3/4 Conso are paid, but I prefer not since those aren't large prizes anyhow. Alternately, I don't mind if 2nd LC is paid, but again that is a small prize. However, paying 10 players in a field of 64 seems a bit much to me. Paying 10 places in the Intermediate which had only 52 entrants after rebuys seems too much.

However, the real contradiction is that only 2 places were payed in the major jackpots, both of which had 32 entrants ! Very seriously I think that 4 places should be payed in these Master's JP's noting that they have no consos. A player who the first 3 matches in one of those JP's really should win something. What is wrong with paying out 55/25/10/10 in the Masters and Amateur JP's?

.. Just my opinions .. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.