[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Naccel pip numbering diagram test

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 11 January 2010, at 9:00 p.m.

In Response To: Naccel pip numbering diagram test (Matt Ryder)

Nack, Is this what you're looking for? If so, I'll do the top half too.

Super!

Please remove the plusses from the near-side outer board, making them simply 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And yes, please continue with 7 through 18 on the other side (again, no plusses, of course).

Here are other frills on my wish list. I'm pretty sure that most involve changes you cannot make (e.g., in the underlying graphics) and I would feel most fortunate if you have both the inclination and ability to implement any of them (and please don't feel the least bit shy about declining), but here goes:

(1) Lengthen the minus signs (e.g. en-dashes instead of hyphens) for the -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 set, but only if it doesn't put any numerals all the way at the edge of (or outside) the triangles. [Currently, the numeral of the -1 is just inside.] If the aesthetic tradeoff is that some numbers have to be closer together, it's also probably not worth it but you can either let me compare or just decide yourself.

(2) Change either the background behind the "0" from blue to black, or the "0" itself from white to black. Assuming you get at least a semi-decent contrast, also replace the 6 with "1," the 12 with "2," and the 18 with "3." And, if all that works, can you put a similarly formatted "-1" to the left of the -5 (under the bearoff tray)?

(3) Make the bar (roof) up to 40% thinner (the width of one checker). In that case, the word "bar" can be removed (preferably), reduced, or even spill onto the playing surface.

(4) Is it possible to display the sixth checker on a point above the fifth? (It's okay if it means six-stack is overridden or disabled when the dice or cube would be in the way.)

(5) Is it possible that checkers not on the board can be optionally not shown at all instead of always defaulting to the bear-off tray?

(6) Create a second diagram with point numbers reversed (used to help teach White counts), and this is a request whether any of (1) through (5) is doable. I would imagine it's mostly a matter of swapping the codes in the point-numer lines.

Again, I'll be happy if you can just accomplish the items mentioned prior to (1), and in any event I look forward to seeing the final board.

Thanks!

-Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.