[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NY ABT Prize concerns

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 11 January 2010, at 10:38 p.m.

In Response To: NY ABT Prize concerns (Gregg Cattanach)

The more I think about it, maybe you didn't follow my suggestion (probably because I didn't describe it well)

I was suggesting that anyone that cashes gets ABT points (regardless of how many places are paid).

As suggestions:

First place in the main would always get 0.xx times the number of entrants.

Second place in the main and first in the consolation would always get 0.xx/2 times the number of entrants.

3/4 in the main, second in the consolation, first in the last chance would always get 0.xx/4 times the number of entrants.

3/4 in the consolation and second in the last chance would always get 0.xx/8 times the number of entrants.

Or, whatever similar formulas all could agree upon.

So, a tournament that paid a lot of places would award, cumulatively, more ABT points -- but smaller cash purses. A tournament that paid fewer places would award, cumulatively, fewer ABT points -- but larger cash purses. But the winner, second, consolation winner, etc. would always receive the same certain number of points directly related to the size of the field.

A tournament director could fashion his/her awards as wished to award more points or to have higher purses. Players could choose among their own motivating factors. A year end tourney like LA might wish to pay more places (and points) because points are often more of a motivating attendance factor for that tournament than a tournament earlier in the year.

I think it more important that the higher places consistently are awarded ABT points directly related to the size of the fields than to be terribly concerned that the cumulative number of ABT points awarded by a tournament is directly related to the size of the fields.

And, while on the topic of ABT points, I continue to maintain that Championship Level points should be kept independent of Advanced/Intermediate Level points.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.