[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Awarding of a ABT points

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Monday, 11 January 2010, at 11:08 p.m.

In Response To: Awarding of a ABT points (Joe Russell)

We had this discussion several years ago when Vegas event were let into the ABT. At that time I was opposed to allowing rebuys in ABT events since it seems to favor those with big wallets who can afford to but back. However, there's the counter argument that players with big wallets can attend lots more events anyhow, and there's the more important counter argument that Howard and Lynn, since their events are longer than most, do deserve a right to try to make a few extra bucks by allowing rebuys, typical until dinner on the first night.

So, with respect to the directors and staff, I am OK with rebuys now, as long as they don't slow the ABT event too much.

However, rebuys do, IMHO, artifically increase the size of the field and here's where I am in strong disagreement with you and very strongly feel that the current policy (discussed at length several years ago) must remain the same and that ABT points should be awarded based only on the number of original entrants. If we change this, we make tourneys that allow rebuys more important than they are now for ABT standings.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.