[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cube Problem

Posted By: Bryce
Date: Wednesday, 23 May 2007, at 8:58 p.m.

In Response To: Cube Problem (pekfrench)

I would certainly take as white. Any of the 14 misses other than 55 or 66 makes us favorites in a race, holding a cube, and I don't think there's too much gammon risk. We should be able to reenter relatively quickly and cross over those last few checkers should it come to that.

In fact, I wouldn't double yet as blue. Yes, I know there are a lot of market losers, but it's not like we're gin after we hit. The pipcount will be nearly even if white reenters immediately, and white has many lanes of escape. If our offensive structure were more compact, or we had a little more race lead, or we had a few more shots, I'd probably double. Is our winning percentage really that high at this point though?

This may be one of those cases where we extract more value out of the cube by taking away white's residual chances after a hit than we do by doubling now and relying (sort of) on the 22/36 chance to hit and having things go smoothly afterward.

So my guess is ND/T, but then again, I get a lot of little ?s after my cube decisions on GNU...there's a reason I'm a long way from Vegas right now.

-Bryce

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.