[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Thx,,,here's why I asked

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 12 January 2010, at 2:49 a.m.

In Response To: Opening rollout question for Nack and Stick...Jacoby Rule or not? (Nack Ballard)

Right now I am doing a $$ RO with XG 4 ply of 64P 52. After ~13,000 it is pick'em...ie most unclear which play leads as they are exactly tied.

However, if 55 is rolled after 64P-52S and both checkers dance, the position is clearly TG per XG 4 ply with Jacoby off. Of course it is also TG in many match situations.

Now this is not a common sequence, but perhaps on the next roll, the guy who splits is drilled by 55 and dances with both and we get TG again without Jacoby.

My point is that when the decision to split or not is very close and the split can be crushed by doubles (usually big ones) that leads to TG, this may be enough to make it slightly incorrect to split without Jacoby.

Off course, I will also RO 64P 52 for $$ without Jacoby and see if this hypothesis is true.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.