[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chuck and Zeus...perhaps you can improve NFL OT format (off topic)

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 12 January 2010, at 2:14 p.m.

In Response To: Chuck and Zeus...perhaps you can improve NFL OT format (off topic) (neilkaz)

This would have to be done with coding changes rather than through inputs. Of course it's doable.

Given the track record of the NFL believing what we say, I can't imagine reporting the result of this experiment would change anything. (See my associated post in this thread.)

It is worth noting (speculating) that one reason the NFL likes the current scheme is that there is a time limit, and often the end happens early. But the bottom line is, like most people (just ask Phil), they are opposed to change, and even more opposed when it is someone else's idea.

Finally, they might like the luck factor. It gives the worse team a better chance of winning, meaning the 'wealth' is spread around the league, filling more seats in the stadiums and possibly bringing in more TV revenue.

But really, I doubt they've thought much about the luck factor, they may not even understand it, and most of all I don't think it would be a motivating factor for them to change.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.