[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Quantifying recube vig

Posted By: Marv Porten
Date: Tuesday, 12 January 2010, at 7:31 p.m.

In Response To: Quantifying recube vig (Timothy Chow)

Here's the situation I had in mind when I wrote "It's very hard to believe that in 15552 trials there wasn't at least one game where, for example, white never had a re-cube to 8, but won the game with the cube at 4 by rolling a doublet on the final roll."

White enters, without hitting, after Blue has borne off several checkers. White then travels around the board to its 5 or 6 point with a roll that also bears off a checker from its 1 or 2 point, leaving, for example, the following distribution: 540001 (from 1 thru 6). White's next two rolls are 21, 11 (or similar) which leave White with 030001 (while Blue has, for example, 110000). White never had a redouble, but now rolls 66 to win with the cube at 4.

Perhaps you're right that a situation like this is rarer than once in 15552 trials. Maybe it just seems to happen more frequently in games that I play :)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.