[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

senary spinoffs

Posted By: Don Thompson
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2010, at 6:22 a.m.

In Response To: senary spinoffs (Matt Ryder)

Yeah, I Still use Naccel itself in it's psuedo senary form. I never saw the need to convert a count such as 10:5 into 1:4:5 etc. The main information you need from a pipcount is the distance from each other and the distance from the end so it's not really necessary to force it into pure base 6 if that could slow you down. It's only after converting the count into a percentage that I use the real senary numbers ie. that senary version of a percent. (I guess it's still not named, I was calling it seccent, as a play the word 'percent' for a while but Nack brought up the fact that 'cent' implies 100 and since this is based on 216 rather than 100 the name didn't seem to fit so well anymore)

Even after doing these senary things for quite a while , it will still never be as natural to count in base6 as it is in decimal, so , for Naccel Supercounts I wouldn't recommend rolling it over. Nack has it just about perfect I think.

Don Thompson

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.