[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Two concrete examples of using "View Statistics"

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Wednesday, 20 January 2010, at 1:34 p.m.

In Response To: Two concrete examples of using "View Statistics" (Matt Cohn-Geier)

'Can you also estimate how often you win after the recube, what the respective GVs are, and interpolate OTB?'

Yes, yes, and yes, maybe not very accurately for a while, but this concept helps me understand quite a few positions better. If you know what your doubling windows and the GV's are, the rest is not that hard to estimate. The larger the doubling window, the more often your cube will be taken. With a little practice, I think one could become quite adept at this. How much better this is, if at all, than just knowing the take points on the recube and estimating the cube efficiency I am not sure, but in the examples it helped me. In general, I would rely on the latter: faster; easier; less prone to error. But, I think this concept has value for many non-standard positions and it helped me understand the bots' analysis better.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.