[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Opinions of Chicago Open Format & Entrance Fee

Posted By: Rich Munitz
Date: Thursday, 21 January 2010, at 11:00 p.m.

In Response To: Opinions of Chicago Open Format & Entrance Fee (David)

I have found this tournament style to be fun in the past when they ran it in Las Vegas. Lots of play for both winners and losers. In fact, this could tip me over the edge to attend.

I was playing Intermediate at the time this format was used in Vegas in the late 90s, though I felt pretty confident that I was one of the strongest intermediates. Having said that, I played and lost in 13 consecutive 8 person qualifiers over several years before finally winning my 14th. I went on to cash in both main events that week and that was the last time I played Intermediate.

Anyway, there are 5 starting times, not 4. 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. However, what everyone seems to be missing is that the spacing between the starting times is not necessarily large enough to permit people who do not lose in a qualifier bracket to reenter in the next session. So most people will have enough time for 3 entries. More are not assured. Bring your clock as it is Clocks Preferred. At least you won't be denied a reentry chance because your opponent made you watch the water in your glass evaporate during your match.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.