[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker Lesson - Because I'm bored

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Saturday, 23 January 2010, at 1:08 a.m.

In Response To: Poker Lesson - Because I'm bored (Stick)

Glad Daniel's response resurrected this thread for me as I missed it the first time. This reminds me of Hansen's Every Hand Revealed except with much better explanation. Of course he had 100+ hands to cover compared to your cherry-picked five. :) I very much appreciate and value reading your OtB thinking.

Hand 3 Well lookie lookie @ the turn. I catch top pair. Good news, I'm no longer bluffing! He checks, I bet, he raises. Uh oh? Not really ... these stakes you get used to people trying to steal your pot when scare cards hit. He could have backdoored into a flush draw, into a straight draw (most likely with hands like AK AQ QK), or he could have actually hit the jack. Whatever he's selling I'm not buying....

You indicate that opp's 4th street check-raise is to be expected, but is it correct?

Hand 5 On the fly I knew I didn't have the right odds but figured they were close enough...esp. since I'd been running pretty good.

Hmm. I hope I'm misinterpreting what I read here. Would you please elaborate and ease my mind?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.