[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker Lesson - Because I'm bored

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Sunday, 24 January 2010, at 12:42 a.m.

In Response To: Poker Lesson - Because I'm bored (Stick)

I'm not sure whether you're asking is it correct in general (on a flat out bluff for eg) or if it's correct given the hand he has.

Both, although I realize "in general" is usually so meaningless in poker that it really doesn't make sense to even ask it. But thanks for the analysis of this (particular) raise.

I had like 9-1 and need around 11-1... which if I had to be honest was an ever so mild negative ev call...

Either you flip-flopped the odds/probabilities or I don't understand your lingo. As I review your original I think you said you risk $100 to gain $875 (implied odds) and you had 2/23 chance meaning you really need to get 10.5 :: 1, so you were short. But here you add that A or Q COULD be outs which means you need less than 10.5 :: 1 but discounting these you still need more than the 8.75 :: 1 you are actually getting. And thus your conclusion here: ...if I had to be honest was an ever so mild negative ev call...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.